Saturday 27 December 2014

The Less Serious Side of Music

I simply call this post, "Lessons in the Keys of Humility" or "Doses of Counterpoint in Reality"

...and then laugh at life.

My dream was to be a composer...



...but eventually I learned I was not noteworthy.


Either I had an unappreciative audience...


 ...or the truth hurt.


My new composition may not be exactly like Beethoven or Mozart...


...but does it even make sense?


For a while tried my hand at conducting...


...but written music has a complex language of its own.
...and everybody has to be on the same page, including the conductor.


Delusion:
Shhh! Genius at work...


Reality:
Then again, maybe it's better if no one finds out.



Trade Secrets:
I used to wonder how those older accomplished conductors were able to memorize the entire scores of large works and then never seemed to lose their place when conducting a performance from memory.



easier this way... because I'm getting there myself.



A touch on the cynical side...

...but a reflection of today's noisy world.


This effect can easily be accomplished merely by listening to music in a busy place.... and maybe it doesn't have to be all that busy either.



The Oddblock Station Agent


No comments:

Post a Comment